We work with early-stage start-ups, small businesses, and publicly traded companies on a variety of business-related issues. Our business law attorneys have experience in document and contract creation and litigation, organizational structure, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate litigation in Salt Lake City and across the US.
Business Law and Corporate Attorneys in Utah
The business law attorneys of Richards Brandt understand the legal complexities and pitfalls of business operations, and they know how to assess your unique objectives and help you structure your enterprise to suit your needs. Our corporate lawyers’ business litigation experience means they can advise new and growing businesses about strategies to prevent lawsuits down the road. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
Every business is likely to experience legal challenges at one time or another, and trusted counsel is always a sound investment. Our attorneys are prepared to guide both small and large businesses and help them assess their options and protect their interests.
Businesses and corporations in Utah and throughout the intermountain west look to Richards Brandt for customized, reliable legal services related to business organization and corporate governance.
Business Law Representation You Can Trust
Every business has a life cycle. Some last longer and become stronger than others. But the general fundamentals of the formation, growth, and development cycles of a business are similar from one business to the next. However, analysis of the unique challenges and opportunities of any particular business is not a simple matter.
Examples of issues that should be taken into account from the very beginning and throughout the life of a business include:
- Administrative Guidance and Compliance
- Asset Protection
- Business Entity Formation and Dissolution
- Business Succession Plans
- Capital Acquisition & Financing
- Commercial Transactions, including Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Transactions and Compliance
- Corporate Governance, including Articles of Incorporation or Organization, By-Laws, Shareholder Agreements, LLC Operating Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Resolutions, Consents, Proxies, and Meetings
- Distribution Agreements
- Employment and Labor Law
- Exempt Organizations & Non-Profits
- Immigration Audits and Counseling
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Compliance
- Real Property Purchase and Sale Agreements and Commercial Leases
- Religious Organizations
- Secured Transactions
- Shareholder Agreements and Limited Liability Company Operating Agreements,
- Small Business Consulting and Advice
- Start-Ups & New Business Consulting and Investing
- Tax Counseling
- Trade Secret Protection
- Trademark & Copyright Registration, Licensing, and Transactions
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
We serve clients throughout the state of Utah. We encourage businesses and individuals in the Salt Lake City area and beyond who are in search of legal counsel and representation to call or e-mail Richards Brandt and schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers. See our practice areas page for a detailed list of our law practice.